Our precious bambino is fourteen months old and again, we just can't believe how fast he has grown from this tiny, snugly baby to now, a joyous, squealing big boy! In the last month, we have witnessed so many changes in Eli and we often just sit, stare, and shake our heads in disbelief of the way he studies things, learns things, thinks about things, and becomes braver and braver as his new world on two feet becomes more interesting by the day. We certainly are cherishing each and every day with our little boy and just love the way our lives have changes in just fourteen short months. We love you, E, and can't wait to watch you continue to grow! xoxo.
...fourteen fun facts about Eli at fourteen months...
- Eli has tons of toys, both new and old. However his favorite things to play with include: the lid to his blocks, lifting up all rugs in our home, playing with door stoppers, opening and closing the microwave door, wreaking havoc on our wooden blinds, reaching door handles on his tip toes (oh my!), and dropping his bouncy balls and chasing them repeatedly.
- Currently, he likes to eat yogurt, whole-grain blueberry waffles, pancakes, dried fruit, applesauce, chicken, black beans, smoked turkey sausage, cereal bars, and oatmeal bars. Currently, finding foods that Eli loves and are healthy is my biggest hurdle. Suggestions? Suggestions?
- Eli loves, loves water; however, he will not drink one drop of whole milk.
- Eli is a big squealer! This makes us smile. At times, he will mobile himself from room to room squealing at the top of his lungs. He could give any girl a run for her money.
- Blankie lover, oh, my! Eli loves, loves, LOVES his blankie that Uncle Kent and Auntie Danielle found for him at T.J. Maxx in West Virginia of all places. We would count our lucky stars if we could find another of his blankies to serve as a back-up. Auntie Danielle, please, please keep your eyes peeled!
- Eli undertands simple commands and/or questions, such as "Turn the lights on/off, please. Go get your ball. Where is blankie? Where is da-da? Where is mama? Where is Carmen? Put blanki/paci in the crib, please.
- Presently, he has become quite the wiggle worm when it comes to changing diapers. One watching might say that he'd much rather just go without a diaper than get one on. Diaper changes are becoming a bit of a frustration.
- Eli has 11 teeth. 3 of his molars have broken the gum line and his bottom incisors are going to pop through any day.
- Eli has his first crush. Her name is Stacey. She is animated and on the Secret Agent Oso episode To Grandma, With Love (currently on Andy's iPhone). He always has lots and lots of smiles for Stacey.
- Eli loves his sleep. He currently goes to bed a little before 7 pm and wakes up around 6 am. He takes both a morning nap (1-1.5 hour(s)) and an afternoon nap (2-3 hours). We can't complain.
- Our smart boy knows that the remote control operates the TV. Often, he will grab it, push buttons, and watch the TV to see what happens.
- Eli loves playing with Carmen! While he hasn't quite figured out how to throw her toys, if we say, "Give the toy to Carmen," he will gladly chase her to put her toy in her mouth...just so sweet!
- He completely and utterly understands the word and meaning of "No!"...and he does not like it one bit! We can't help but chuckle at the small meltdowns he is capable of having when he hears this short, two-letter word. At times, we tell Ms. Carmen "No" and we have to reassure a whimpering Eli that we were only talking to Carmen...haha...oh, jeesh!
- Eli still loves to be held. We just can't help but love those little arms that reach up for us.