Wednesday, October 27, 2010

rainy day.

As a cold, rainy, and very windy day set in yesterday, Eli and I were confined to the warmth and safety of our home for the entire day. With tornado warnings and watches looming over all of our area, we needed to find something fun to do during the three or four hours that we normally sneak out of the house for a bit to run errands or go for a nice long walk. After a quick thought, I decided to remove two cushions from our sofa, a no-longer used bed sheet, and make Eli what every little kiddo needs at one point or another...a fort.

While I know he will love this more and more as time moves forward, I couldn't help but take advantage of his ever-present curiosity, and just give the homemade fort a try. What a success!

He loved crawling back and forth, out and in, and laying and sitting in his new "cave" with his toys. This mama couldn't resist crawling "under" and playing right along.

What a fun morning we had, despite the gloomy and scary weather! Sadly enough, our much-used outdoor table didn't have such a fun morning in the 80 mph wind. I suppose this is the perfect excuse to purchase beautiful outdoor living furniture next summer!

1 comment:

Dana & Keith Newbrough said...

Love the fort idea - I remember making many of those when I was a kid. :) Sometimes being stuck inside on a rainy day is the best for these sweet moments.