Wednesday, September 1, 2010

up, up, and away.

Two Wednesdays ago, I put on my "brave mama pants" as Eli and I flew by ourselves to West Virginia for a fun, 10-day visit! To say that I was anxious for Eli's first flight is a bit of an understatement! Armed with a carry-on bag full of toys, books, baby food, snacks, stroller (so thankful I took this even though our connection was oh-so-short) and my secret weapon, two episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and one episode of Secret Agent Oso on my iPhone, Andy checked us in, walked us to security, and sent us on our way into the friendly skies! Needless to say, after all of my worry, both of our flights were smooth and Eli was certainly a trooper, receiving compliments from fellow passengers, despite how impossibly sleepy he was on our final flight. While I was so very proud of our big-little guy, I was extra happy to have our feet safely on the ground and begin our fun visit with our friends and family! Whew...check that one off the list of firsts...

3 comments:

Our Quinn-tessential Life said...

Yippee!! So glad it went well! Good call on the uploaded videos! I need to do that next time!

Katie Smith said...

Eli is such a trooper! We have a six hour drive to OBX in a week and I am terrified :)I need to look into these iphone apps you have. Which btw- have you seen 'baby's first app'? Colin loves this!

Dana & Keith Newbrough said...

So happy it went well and that you had a wonderful time home! Now, just another thing to knock of the "never done list." Next for me, is leaving Samantha alone with Keith for a long weekend to visit my sister in CO -- makes me sick just thinking about it. Ugh...lots of first when you are a Mama. :) Thinking of you all, call when you can.