Friday, September 3, 2010

9 months and growing.

Dear Eli,

Time is passing entirely way too fast! Your daddy and I can hardly believe that you are 9 months old. It seems surreal that you are the same number of months that our sweet pregnancy lasted together. You amaze me each day with something new that you discover. You are one busy little bee. You are constantly on the go and have now flipped your crawling speed switch from moderate to oh-so-fast! You love crawling from toy to toy, from room to room, and anything and everything that you really
shouldn't be crawling towards. You've recently begun to pull-up to your knees and will certainly find your feet soon enough. While this terrifies me, we cheer out loud for your accomplishments and you relish in all of the attention with your big, sweet smile!


We love watching you move, but also adore watching you take in your surroundings, study Carmen, and sit quietly listening to book after book after book. You have quite a personality with a sneaky, precious, and full-faced smile. You love to giggle and squeal, and make the cutest "oval lips" when something really interests you. You have four teeth and are certainly working on more each day. You live by the motto early to bed, early to rise...you still go to bed between 7 and 7:30, wake for a feeding around 4:30, and return to sleep usually until 7:00 am. You love all baby food with the exception of those rotten bananas and have recently added puffs (finally, you like these) and yogurt bites to your list of snacks. You babble the day away, but will consistently say da-da. While I am still patiently waiting for you to say ma-ma and we practice each day (every teacher knows the /m/ consonant sound is much, much harder to voice than the /d/ consonant sound - hehe) you have yet to make my heart jump by saying it. We will keep practicing and I will keep waiting! You will contently go to anyone, but are always wanting and willing to come back to "mama" with outstretched arms. I must admit, I do love this. While it still feels a bit strange to not be in my classroom, I am utterly enjoying my "new job" and take such pride in caring for you. Eli B, you have added such light to our lives and to that of our family. We cannot even dream of our lives 10 months ago! You are our pride and joy and we love you more each day, you rotten boy. Now, please, please slow down! 12 months is just around the corner, and if you don't mind, we want to savor the "now" with you - our baby.

xoxo,
mama and da-da

***

...just a note about the above picture...

While putting away something, I placed Eli inside his crib - the only truly safe haven now that he is into any and everything. When I returned to Eli's nursery, he was on his knees, holding onto the bumper with one hand, and pulling the elephant mobile sideways, while smiling at his accomplishment! When I said "Eli, what are you doing?" this was the reaction that I received. Giggle after giggle after giggle, he just couldn't stop laughing! I do believe that is "this" is called...rotten!

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

I can't believe Eli is already 9 months old! Now you know what people mean when they say "Don't Blink".