Monday, August 16, 2010

good morning, sunshine.

Now that Eli is completely mobile, looking upon him on our video monitor can often make Andy and I giggle. At times, we have clicked our monitor to find Eli's face, rather his forehead, eyes, and nose (after he has made his way down to the intriguing camera) in the screen greeting us as to say "Hey y'all! I'm awake. You can come and get me now!" This morning, as Eli began to stir and awaken, after giving the monitor a click, I quickly finished my morning coffee and trotted up the stairs to get our little "Eli Monster". To my surprise, this is what I found...

...our little guy, sitting, staring at the door, and smiling behind his big green pacifier when I opened his nursery door! While we know that Eli can sit from a laying position, I have yet to get him from his crib when he hasn't been laying on his back, rolling sideways, or up on all fours. I had to smile at little Eli as he has such a big personality and never ceases to surprise us with his new tricks!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh, we miss you guys!! See you in three days!!
xoxo

The Dursts said...

What a big boy! Hayden went from sitting up out of nowhere to standing up only a couple of days later!