Monday, June 21, 2010

six incredible years.

On Saturday, June 19th, Andy and I celebrated our 6 year wedding anniversary! While it seems like just last year that we were dancing the night away at our reception and honeymooning at the beautiful Royal Hideaway, we just can't believe that after two final years of medical school, 4 years of residency (the end is in sight), a move to Louisville, Kentucky all on our own, a beautiful baby boy, and my new job as a stay-at-home mother, six years have passed so, so quickly! We love the life that we are building together and are so thankful to our Heavenly Father for our many blessings.

To celebrate our six wonderful years, Andy and I enjoyed a special day, spent as a family of three, and later, a "date night" at Lilly's . From start to finish, our day was perfect! I truly have such a thoughtful, thoughtful husband, as he was full of loving surprises all day!

Always ready to lend a hand, LeeAnn, our dear friend and "Louisville Mom" kept a watchful eye on our little Eli! Thanks again, Ms. LeeAnn for your help! We certainly enjoyed our few hours of "together time", and sought peace in knowing that Eli was in such loving hands!

****
13 years ago, I knew he was a keeper.
13 years ago, I knew I found my best friend.
7 years ago, I knew we would be together for the rest of our lives.

What I didn't realize 13, 7, or even 6 years ago was just how much we'd help each other, fix each other, grow with each other, pray for each other, mend each other, comfort each other, and celebrate each other.

Six years ago, I married my match, my friend, my love, my husband.

After 13 special years together, I look forward to the next 50!

1 comment:

The Armbruster Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the dress Devon :)