Tuesday, June 22, 2010

just ducky...quack, quack.


How many times have I browsed through the baby bath section at Target or Babies 'R' Us, studied "the" duck bathtub, and continued walking because it just didn't seem right for us?!? After hearing the cheers from some of my super mom friends, countless times have I looked and countless times have I just scooted our cart by...that is, until now. Recently, Eli seems to be outgrowing his baby/infant tub. While he is still giddy over bath time, splashes with the best of them, and continues to submerge his whole body in the warm water (notice above that the duck did not stop this), he could use a little more room to soak, but is just not quite ready or stable enough to be the king of the huge tub. Knowing this, I have scoured local stores to try to find a "baby bath ring" that suctions to the bottom of the tub, with zero success. While I was able to find one online to order, needless to say, I went another route for my own reasons. Thanks to my mother, the other route, you guessed it, was the giant, inflatable, quacking duck. How could my mom resist purchasing this inflatable tub when each time the duck "quacked," little Eli smiled one of his huge smiles and gave a little giggle?!? To my complete surprise, the duck is the perfect transitional tub for Eli! Big enough for him to play in the water directly in front of him, while giving him extra space, but yet small enough for him to feel secure while sitting up in a smaller area (remember, he's still a bit wobbly), the duck is just great! For all of you who praised this tub - you were right! The Freeman Family now gives the once passed over duck tub, two "feathers" up...quack, quack!


Rub-a-dub-dub...there's a quacking duck in my tub!

No comments: