Tuesday, December 7, 2010

a doctor's visit.

Late this morning, Eli and I bundled up head to toe, to brave the cold and windy weather to visit the pediatrician's office for his one-year-old appointment. What a milestone, but also what a worry on my heart this appointment has been. Excited to know Eli's weight and height, but positively dreading the amount and types of vaccinations offered at this particular appointment, in addition to his first blood drawl, I felt like I was crying as much on the inside as Eli was on the outside following his multiple sticks...a big ouch to my heart. Whew! I can honestly say that "this part" of turning one was not the best gift that Eli received. I'm sure that he agrees!

{ ...who needs toys when you have Noni's kitchen utensils...}

At one year and one week old, Eli weighs 22.6 pounds and is 30.5 inches long. He is currently in the 50th percentile for weight and slightly above the 75th percentile for height.

No comments: