Monday, October 4, 2010

10 months for eli.

Eli is 10 months old! Oh, how those weeks just fly by! It seems that each and every month I think, "This is my favorite stage thus far," but the next month arrives and it always seems to replace the last by being "my favorite". Eli continues to be one busy, busy, BUSY little boy. He loves to explore and seems to just enjoy crawling from one destination to another. He pulls up on just about everything and shows interest in taking those first steps...oh, my. He loves to "let go" of things that he is holding onto, stand for a few seconds, and then flop onto his cute little bum...then repeat, then repeat, then repeat. We can hardly believe that we have a 10 month old and that his BIG birthday is just a pair of months away. Birthday goodies for his party have already started to arrive at the Freeman home! While we can't wait to celebrate his unbelievable first year (it will be here all too soon), we are just loving "this stage" with our precious, bubbly, boy!


...While Eli has learned a lot in the last 10 months, oh, oh, so have I...

I have learned that just like adults, no two days are the same in "the life of Eli". Just because he took two really great naps "yesterday", today could be much, much different.

I have learned that our little boy is quite flexible. He goes with the flow, although I try very hard to keep him to his "schedule". And while I worry about things a little bit too much, I need to give Eli more credit in being able to adapt. He can do this very well...it's me that needs more work. I'll get there...hopefully.

I have learned that ponytails are my best friend.


I finally understand why my mother and father were terrified of me riding and driving with my fellow teenage drivers. Oh, the thought of sending him out in a car...I think I'll pass for now. Oh, and the thought of a bully...just forget it.

I have learned that simply because our little Eli began sleeping through the night at 7 weeks old , tightly swaddled, he will not always sleep through the night as he demonstrated from months 4-9, still waking for an early morning feeding each and every day. We are back on the sleeping train...for now! There will always be a new tooth, perhaps an ear infection, and maybe even just the need to see mama or daddy.


We love you Eli B! From the tip of your thick head of hair right down to the tips of your crossed toes, we just enjoy you and love you more each day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys like crazy! We can't believe the Eli monster is 10 months!!
xoxo

Julie said...

Dev, You are such a great mom. ;)

The Armbruster Family said...

i cried reading this post...so sweet! i'll just blame it on the hormones ;) happpy 10 months precious eli!!!!