Tuesday, May 11, 2010

breakthrough

For weeks, I have been putting Eli in his oh-so-colorful exersaucer with little to sign of joy from him. How could he not be entertained or interested with the many baubles, lights, and music in addition to the bounce-like movement each time he shifts his weight?!? Over-stimulation, perhaps...uncomfortable in the wide seat...just not ready to enjoy this particular toy yet...who knows?? Nonetheless, each day we try and almost everyday he comes out as quickly as he goes in. Yesterday, I am happy to report, we had a major breakthrough! I saw interest. I saw smiles. I heard cooing and laughing. I saw reaching and studying of lights and buttons...success!! Personally, these pictures are some of my favorites! To Andy and I, this is how we see our sweet boy most of every day - full of smiles and sneaky grins! I am so happy I was able to capture these sweet pictures in none other than the...exersaucer! I have a feeling we will be enjoying this toy a bit more!

...intently studying the colorful buttons...

...a little more interest in his eyes...
"Hmmm! This could be fun!"

...at last - a breakthrough...
We just love this precious smile!

Eli just loves hearing the dog bark, the cat meow, and the bird chirp!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We miss you guys!! Can't wait to see that smiling face in person.. very soon!!
Love you!