Thursday, April 29, 2010

squash? yes, please!

Andy and I have tried giving Eli rice cereal every way under the sun. I have mixed it using my milk, tried with formula, used warm water, mixed in a spoonful of baby food, made it thin and runny, made it thicker with more consistency; however, we were always, always met with the same result - rejection. To my dismay, he simply would not indulge us or himself and even take one full bite. Any bit of rice cereal that crossed his lips was met with a sour face and quickly spit back out onto his bib or most usually his chinny chin chin. So we decided, as per advice from our pediatrician, to simply introduce a little baby food. Again, how could our newborn baby be ready to even try baby food?!? After much reading and contemplation, I decided to give good 'ol squash a try. At first Eli was a little unsure, then a bit more willing, and then greeting each spoonful with a lean and an open mouth - SUCCESS! Eli loved, loved his squash and I loved giving it to him! I'm truly looking forward to our second attempt tonight and can't wait to introduce some delicious, sweet fruits in due time. Afterall, we want him to love his veggies!

No comments: