Friday, April 23, 2010

just one night


One thing that we have quickly learned is that the days of "jumping in the car and going" are in the past. We know this, but each time we prepare for a trip, be it short or long, we are still in awe of everything that must be packed for Eli. From bathtubs, playmats, and other various musical, dangling, and attention getting toys to simple nesecities like aspirators, nasal drops, hooded towels (couldn't I just use one of my mother's towels) and extra pacis, everything gets packed. As each new item is added to our SUV, Andy looks at me with eyes that say "Really, Devon...how much more?" During our most recent trip, we were so, so excited to visit Uncle Kent and Auntie Danielle in Morgantown. Even though we were only staying one night, our car was once again packed full, this time even adding such things as a pack-n-play, housewarming gifts, and mom's luggage to our already loaded Honda. Whew! What would it look like to stay for two nights?


3 comments:

The Armbruster Family said...

I just laughed out loud!! You are too cute!

Anonymous said...

Eli packs like his momma and Auntie Danielle :)

Dana & Keith Newbrough said...

I am just starting to learn how to pare down some, but it is a struggle. When they are little, there just seems like so many things you need - amazing how much stuff someone so little uses. ;) I am so glad you had a great time with family - just getting some myself, I know how quickly it all goes. :)